His political statements and views, along with his personal life and his businesses have always received considerable media attention.
Now that he is the president, here are some interesting facts about Donald Trump that you might not have known before.
1. Trump has his own star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame which he received for the reality TV show The Apprentice
Apart from being a businessman and politician, Trump is also a television personality. He produced, participated and appeared as cameos in many films and television shows. In 2003, he also became the executive producer and host of the NBC reality show called The Apprentice.
2. In 1999, Trump proposed a one-time tax of 14.25% on individuals with networth $10 million or more and claimed that it would raise $5.7 trillion which can wipe out the national debt
Trump said that according to his calculations, his tax plan would burden only 1 percent of Americans who control 90 percent of the wealth, leaving the other 99 percent of the people with deep reductions on their federal income taxes.
3. Trump’s hair is real. He gets his haircuts from his wife Melania
Trump has many attention-grabbing traits, and his hairstyle is one among them. Apparently, many people have asked him about his hair and what he does to it. He told Playboy that all he does is take a shower, wash his hair, read the newspaper while it dries, comb it and spray it.
4. Trump once tried to trademark the phrase “You’re fired!”
In the show, Trump dismisses some of the contestants using the phrase “You’re fired!”, which he intended to use in his games and casinos. The game he released called “Trump, the Game” has a tag that says “I’m back and you’re fired!”
5. Trump is one of the least charitable billionaires in the world
Trump is one of the least charitable billionaires in the world and donated $3.7 million to his own charity over a period of 20 years, which is less than what WWE donated to his charity in 2007 alone.
6. Donald Trump tried to sue an author for $5,000,000,000 because he called Trump a millionaire instead of a billionaire
In 2009, Trump filed a lawsuit against the author of the book TrumpNation: The Art of Being Donald, Timothy O’Brien, for $5 million. In the book the author cited three unnamed sources who estimated Trump’s net worth between $150 million and $250 million.
7. Trump played a cameo in Home Alone 2: Lost in New York
n the movie, there is a scene in which the character Kevin McCallister walks around the Plaza Hotel and then asks Trump where the front desk was. Trump responds to the question saying “Down the hall, to the left,” after which Kevin thanks him and walks off.
8. In 2012, Trump banned Glenfiddich whiskey company
Trump banned Glenfiddich whiskey company because it sponsored the Top Scot award, which was given to his arch critic and neighbor, Michael Forbes, who refused to vacate his land to make way for Trump’s golf course.
9. Between 1996 and 2015, Trump owned part or all of the Miss Universe, Miss USA and Miss Teen USA beauty pageants
Trump owned the beauty pageants and when he was dissatisfied how CBS scheduled his pageants he took both Miss Universe and Miss USA to NBC in 2002. Trump was also involved in some controversies regarding the pageants. When the 2006 winner of Miss USA was tested positive for cocaine, he let her keep the crown for the sake of giving her a second chance.
10. Trump has been sued 3,500 times by his business partners, contractors, clients, employees and banks
Among the 3,500 legal cases that Donald Trump was involved in over the last three decades, 1,900 were against Trump or one of his companies, in 1,450 of them they were defendants, 150 of them were about bankruptcy and other cases. Also, Trump was named in at least 169 lawsuits in the federal court. There were also several other cases in a court in Florida since 1983.